Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ah! A Mouse!!

I went searching the Internet for bunny rabbit patterns. I wanted to try and make a toy rabbit in the likeness of Ellie, my bunny that passed away a few weeks ago. While searching, I came across this little guy and I just couldn't resist whipping one up for one of my co-workers.



I found the pattern on The Kansas Hooker blog. The ears on my Roly-Poly Mouse didn't turn out as large as the original, but I still think he is pretty cute. I used a "G" hook with Oxford Grey in Lion Brand Wool-Ease. It only took a few hours to make and was well worth the effort. This little character has put me in the mood too make some more stuffies. They are just too cute!
Unfortunately, I forgot to get more doll eyes today at the store when I stopped in for Polyfill. I'll have to run back out to the store tomorrow. In my searching, I also came across a site called Suncatcher Craft Eyes. Perhaps I shall order a few of those as well. It would be nice to have some more options around aside from my local chain craft store's stock.

No comments: