Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm back!

Great 4 day weekend trip!

This was my first S.A.V.E. trip and it was a ton of fun. I set my alarm to wake up early and went to bed at 2 when they kicked us out of the reception hall.

One of the neat things about this trip in particular (aside from all the other crafty people you meet) is the oppertunity to learn new skills. I took a class called Funky Flag Book. In it we learned how to take two pieces of chipboard as the front and back cover and four 12x12 pages, cut down into an awesome book with a ton of movement, excitement, and really neat techniques. (I'll post a picture when I dig out my camera from my luggage!) Here is the class description: "This spin on the flag book is nothing short of funky and fabulous! Using Prima's new Tropic's line and some of their most gorgeous products, you'll create this mini-book filled with flips, folds, pockets, transparencies, and uniquely blinged-up treats. There's 5 different kinds of "bling" just on the front cover!! Be prepared to place with paint, ink, Glimmer Mist, custom dyed fabric, Blond Moments Pearls, Alcohol Inks, Stickles, and more!"

No comments: