Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Little Sister!



I think that homemade gifts are the best kind-- don't you? I made her a case for her Nintendo DS and a little cupcake with flowers. I had the HARDEST time trying to attach a zipper to the case, though. It was my first experience with zippers. I clearly did not succeed.

Any advice? The problem I was having was once I sewed the zipper to both sides of the case, it didn't line up and wouldn't zipper. I took it off and reattached it three times. After the third removal, I added a velcro tab closure and called it a day.

2 comments:

Baye said...

Hi, I found your link on zakka's ite. Here is a link to a lovely person who has collected links to all kinds of zipper tutorials. There are links on lined and unlined purses and, well, just about everything. You should be able to find some help there.
http://iwilllearntosew.blogspot.com/2007/09/zipper-tutorial-roundup.html

Don't give up! It's not as difficult as you think. Usually it's a matter of finding that one piece of information you need to do it more easily. Good luck with the next try.

Siobhan said...

I don't have any advice I just wanted to say hi! I just found your blog and I LOVE it!! I must actually live near you because I'm right outside of Philly. I just started crafting and love looking at your recent projects for inspiration. Good luck with your zipper!