Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Americana Swapping


I finished and mailed my 7" squares for the Remembering Our Soldiers /Americana swap on Knitting-Crochet.com.
I did a bunch of different types of squares again, but I felt sort of limited by the theme. I tried so hard to find a pattern that wasn't a simple red/white/blue granny. I went with the Army of One star on the right to try and get some other ideas out there but I couldn't find a pattern for an inlayed star so I tried to make up my own. That made my head hurt. Lesson learned-- I don't have the experience yet to just "wing it". I was going to try to figure out a anchor square as well but considering the month I spent grinding my teeth thru the star square-- well, I ended up with a good number of grannies ot mail out too.
I have pictured two of the squares I made. In all, I made a total 50 squares, keeping 2 for myself and mailing 48 to the swap leader. I forgot to take a picture before I sent in the others, which is a shame. Some of them turned out rather nicely.
Now all I have left to do is sit back and wait for the package to arrive. I am pretty excited.

No comments: