Monday, July 13, 2009

In Memory of Eleanor

This past weekend, my little bunny girl Ellie passed away. I am very broken hearted about the situation, as is my boyfriend and Ellie's boyfriend Beauregard.

I wanted to make something to place on her gravesite in my backyard to let her know how much we loved her and miss her. I went to JoAnn Fabrics and purchased a stepping stone kit from the mosiac aisle. The kit I chose was made by a company called Milestone. It came with the mold, cement (just add 2 cups of water) and cement stamps. I used some of my stained glass to make the rabbit (with helicopter ears like my Ellie) and 2 carrots for her on the other side.
The stone takes 2 days to full cure. I feel bad with it not being outside with her but.... I obviously wasn't prepared for this happening.
We miss you Eleanor. The family isn't the same without you.

1 comment:

Christy Amular said...

Little bunnies are forever! :)