Saturday, February 6, 2010

For a Little Prince

So this week, I went to visit my sister at the restaurant where she works. She mentioned to me that there was a young lady there that doesn't have any family that is due in July. My heart goes out to her. I know how much my two sisters were depending on us (even if they didn't want to admit it) when they were single and pregnant. Imagine how scary it must be to think that you have a little one to provide for and no one to depend on for support.

The next morning, I went shopping for her friend's new baby boy. I love baby shopping. I fear that I may never be doing it for myself so every opportunity I get, I like to wander thru aisles of cute tiny outfits and toys. I bought 15 Carter's onsies in three sizes, three books (of course, one is bunny themed), infant toys, and a Bumbo in blue. The sweet girl hasn't even registered (possibly because she doesn't expect someone to throw a shower? How sad) so I guessed on the colors.


In addition to making a fun gift basket for my sister to surprise her with at work, I also wanted to make something little with my hands. I decided on this super cute baby crown. It only took an hour to whip up. I made it to be 16 inches around, the size of my 5 month old nephew (pictured here modeling the present for fit purposes).
I got the pattern here. Too cute! I am making one now for my nephew as his mama looked a little disappointed when I told her the crown was for her friend, not her. I'm thinking chocolate brown and baby blue?

I just hope that my pay it forward doesn't make the young lady feel weird. I just wanted to do something nice for a new mama.

1 comment:

Rachel Cotterill said...

That's such a sweet thing to do. I hope she appreciates it :)