Monday, May 11, 2009

Scrapbook Weekend

A few weeks ago, I took a trip with my three sisters and some other nice ladies to The Hamburg Hideaway in Berks County, PA. We had alot of fun on the trip! Bascially, the Hideaway is a place that is designed for crafters to take long weekends together and concentrate and share new ideas and techniques with each other. It was a little dorky, but I embrace that!

I wanted to post some of the pages I worked on. It was so great to have that time devoted only to scrapbooking. I don't seem to get time when I am home to work on my scrapping.

I really wanted to spend my time working on new techniques and journaling on my pages. Usually, I never journal. My style of scrapbooking involved paper, pictures, and embellishments-- not my own thoughts.

Also, while away, I tried a new medium for me. This is an acrylic book cut in the shape of a house. I purchased a home on May 16, 2008 and I made this book to commemorate this big event in my life. Making the book was alot of fun. As a general worry-wort, I am concerned that the book pages are not protected by plastic but I am told that there are sealers available so that I can progect the exposed pages. I will have to look into that soon.

Here are a few more pages I made. Nothing major-- just some of my favorites from the weekend. As you can tell, I enjoy circles in designs AND my nephew, Dylan.

No comments: