Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stained Glass Designs

I started to try and make a complementary design to go with the rose panel I made in my first stained glass class. (I posted the panel I made in class a few days ago.) I think I will use similar colors but nothing too matchy-matchy.


Anyways, here are the beginnings of my rose panel designs. Basically, I wanted to mimic the same lines and flow in the pattern, with the same rose style, but change up the layout and the number of elements involved.

They both still need work. I think that I am leaning towards the one on the left, with some modification.

I am still on my quest to buy a soldering iron. I am not sure what style I need and so on. There are a ton of different types and styles out there so I am not really sure what would be the best for me and what I want to do. I have found a number of them online. I am usually really into shopping online but for some reason this time I really just want a person that knows the craft to talk to me about the irons and sell me what I need.


Until I find a store or do more research online, I am sort of at a stand still on the glass front.


This is the final design I am working on. I am making a key chain bauble of my glass studio key. I think it is appropriate that it would be something I made-- You need creativity to access my create space. ^_^

On a final note I do want to say-- I am pretty suprised about how much I seem to love roses and flowers in stained glass. I know I am generally a romantic kinda girl, so that does make some sense but I thought I was into the geometric designs more than images... We shall see, shan't we?

No comments: