Monday, April 6, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness - Crochet Square Swap

I am currently working on a pink Breast Cancer Awareness blanket thru a Afghan swap I found at the Yarn Lover's Room.

How the swap works: If you want to join, email the person listed as the swap host(ess). You make crochet or knit squares as according to the requirements. At the end of the swap, you mail your squares to each person that joined the swap, keeping 2 for yourself as well.

Required for this particular swap -- using only worsted weight pink yarn, make two 7 inch squares for each member of the swap. We had 15 people join the swap, so I had to make 30 squares. I made some extras as well to beef up my finished blanket. I loved the oppertunity to try new patterns and designs without the pressure of having to comit to the same pattern for the whole afghan.

In the picture here, you can see all of the squares I have recieved so far thru the mail. I am really impressed with the different shades of pink that were used! I love love love the color pink (one of the main reasons I joined the swap) and I am really excited to see the finished product.

Now, I have to figure out how I want to join the squares together. Black? White? Green? And what joining method? I have alot to consider. Any ideas?

No comments: