Monday, December 6, 2010

Halloween Block Swap

I never told you how it went!

This past Halloween, I participated in my first every quilt block swap. It was a ton of fun!!

I really enjoyed picking out my fabrics, making the blocks, and the wild variety of the other 11 members of the swap. There was a terrific variety of theme, skills used, fabrics, and craftmanship. One of the things that really impressed me is that the fabrics all really fit together so well.

I think I will frame each square in purple to make my quilt? We'll have to see. I will definitely get it completed by next October (even if I am quilting it over the summer!)...

I have nothing but positive things to say about the swap organized by Aunt Pitty Pat. Really well done-- and they should be. She seems to host them all the time! Practice makes perfect, my friend.

If you are looking for a sewing or quilting swap, go check out her blog. Some good stuff out there!

No comments: