Friday, November 13, 2009

What to do with the Scraps of the Scraps?

Call me a crazy conversationalist but I keep the tails of my yarn from projects after I weave in the ends. Yes, I am my father’s child—never let anything go to waste.

So today I spent some time trying to figure out what I can do with these pieces that have been piling up. When I started holding onto them, I had the vague recollection that they can be used in felting so that is where I started.

Basic Felting Instructions
Felting with Scraps РAppliqu̩
Creating Felted Balls from Scraps – Jewelry
Felting Balls Without Deconstructing the Yarn

Ideas for Scrap Yarn Uses (assumes you have a small, workable amount like a partial skein)
Embroidery with Scraps

Also, check out this tutorial on making felted soap. I stumbled upon their blog while leafing thru random Etsy shops. Check out what the ladies at Persnickety Pelican have done with this technique. This is fantastic. This weekend, I’m going searching for the tools I need to try this. Yay!

No comments: