Monday, August 9, 2010

Puff Balls with Eyes

As some of  you know, I volunteer for a local rabbit rescue. On July 4th, I was given a litter of Angora babies and their mama to raise until they are old enough to get spayed/neutered and put up for adoption.
Here they are, 11 days old. Only one had his eyes open when we brought them home. They were as small as little chipmunks. 

I took this picture yesterday at breakfast. They have gotten so big! They are now 45 days old. Their hair is so long, I had to give the black baby (named Shadow) a little hair cut. I think I will give them all a trim tonight after work.
Here is a shot with mama bunny (named Brooklyn), so you can see how much more growing we are in store for. If you are interested in a sweet puff ball of your own and are local to Eastern Pennsylvania, Brooklyn went in for her spay surgery this past week and is available on PetFinder.com A bunny is a very rewarding pet. If you ever want some advice or to chat, feel free to message me. I am happy to help or troubleshoot behavior problems. I am by no means an expert but I have had a few rabbits in my day for frame of reference.

No comments: