Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's Rainin' Yarn -- Hallelujah!!

Gifts from my brother's girlfriend's elderly aunt. She apparently bought the yarn on a whim because she likes the colors but doesn't know what to do with yarn in general so she was looking to unload it.

Gifts from my Mom. Mom loves to shop. She also loves garage sales and never throwing away anything. Some of the yarn in this large trash back is vintage (her Nana's stock), some of it is her's (from over the years and leftover from projects), and some of it was from bargining at yard sales (she loves a good deal). Hey, I can't complain-- I love free yarn! There are some fun colors in here and yarn types too.

Yay Ebay! I won a 12+ pound box of specality yarn which I will be making into toys and dolls. I think that is my latest interest. I want to make replicas of my pets first. I am also thinking of making ones that are safe for children so I can donate them to local hospitals and day cares. I think I'll start a search of hand puppet patterns. That would be fun!

This was an internet purchase on Paradise Fibers.com. Great selection-- great sale (which is really important). I wanted to try some new fibers, thicknesses, and materials and I thought this would be a good way to do that.
We'll see how it all goes. I'll post the results!!




No comments: