Sunday, September 5, 2010

Home Ec Lesson 3: Round Bunting


Holiday weekends make for good crafting time.

Today's lesson was the round bunting. I used fabric for the fronts of the circles and felt for the backing and the letters. I did the letters free-scissor... and I think they turned out really well. Lucky for me, my nephew's name is mainly straight lines. (Please pardon the backdrop. My crafting space is slightly overrun these days.)


The skills learned were making and sewing fabric circles, using tin foil to press edges, using a pattern piece to cut fabric, and machine applique. I knew some of these techniques already but I don't mind. It really worked out to be a cute easy project.

As I was making it, all I could think about was what other clever things I can do with this idea. I could make happy birthday signs, congratulations.... all sorts of things.

No comments: