Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wonky Pumpkin, Traditional.

I finally squirreled away some time to work on my first pumpkin for the Itsy Bitsy Spider Crochet Along going on. Well, actually and to be honest-- I have been trying to start for a while I am having a hard time finding orange yarn that I like for the project. I came up with the Mango yarn pictured here out of my extensive stash... but other oranges have been escaping me. The pumpkin took a skein and a half, which I hadn't anticipated... That is just want happens when you use bulky yarn in ami-making.

I am looking for ways to modify the pattern now that I have made one basically as directed in the instructions. I did take a little liberty in the shaping of this one. I made the sections off-center to make the pumpkin shaping more realistic. It was a nice, simple, fun pattern to work on.

I am excited to see what I can make out of it. Itsy is having a "Fashion Show" where the top pumpkin makers will get a prize. This should be fun!

No comments: