Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ROYGBV Awesome

ROYGBV!

I sometimes test patterns for Donna over at SmoothFox Original Crochet Patterns. This pattern is called Fox's Nonagon Blanket. I wasn't sure about testing it, honestly, as it was my first continuous blanket-- and it is a circle. Usually, I work in squares that I seam togehter, which Fox designs quite often.

As soon as I saw the pattern, I thought of two differnt color schemes. I went with the ROYGBV for two reaons-- 1. Easy to do. I was able to use colors I already had in my stash (aside from red, which I had to take a trip to Michael's to get). and 2. I wanted to make it for my friend who is pregnant, due in April. She doesn't know if she is having a boy or girl yet (too early to tell) so I didn't want to go with a gender-indicating color scheme.

Next time I make this, I think I will try to go for the gradient look. Start with a dark navy blue and end in an almost white-blue. The trick for that would be finding them all in the same yarn line/style. That can be a challenge...

1 comment:

Becky Farley said...

I am a ROY G BiV lover! :)
Look I make one:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/48018967/rainbow-afghan-with-free-shipping