This project was sort of a 2 for 1 deal for me. I joined a swap that is due September 20th wherein I am exchanging Halloween themed tote bags. At the same time, the fourth lesson in class is bag making... so I altered the ideas in the lesson today to suit my needs. I'm trying not to show you the whole bag here as I want it to be a surprise for my swap-mate still.
In this class, we learned about making a larger bag, sewing fabric straps, and strong 'x' joints.I, personally, added lining to my bag and some stitching/embellishments to the front. I'm not a expert embroidery artist by any stretch of the imagination, so I kept it simple. I also decided to make the bag a patchwork of a bunch of the Halloween fabrics I recently started acquiring.
As we all know, E-Bay is a bad, dirty, dirty habit. Before I realized what I was doing I was the winner of 7 different Halloween fabric auctions. On the positive side, I ended up with a bunch of cute patterns I haven't seen in my local stores AND paid equal or less than what I would if I did find them around here.
I'll post full-shot pictures of the bag once I send it along it's merry way in the mail. That shouldn't be too long from now. I sure am glad I got it done, though. Deadlines make me cranky!