Sunday, September 5, 2010

Home Ec Lesson 5: Supplies Roll Up



In this class, we made a Supplies Roll Up, otherwise known as "Why I love my walking foot!". We covered creating sections, working with thicker material (and needle), installing an adjustable strap, and (for me at least) sewing stretchy materials.

I used a PUL fabric that is iridescent and beautiful... and also stretchy and annoying. After ripping out my 3rd seam, I realized this would be the perfect use for my walking foot. After that, it was a cake walk. All and all I would say this took me 2 hours including my mistakes so if/when I make another, I expect it to take 1-1.5 hours tops.

I also used this cute pink bunny fabric that I bought on Etsy a few months ago. I didn't realize that the pattern would end up sideways until after I had cut the fabric and hemmed the edges. I don't mind so much but now I know for future reference.
 
I sized this one to be for my crochet hooks and scissors as I crochet most often when I am on the go. Crochet is so transportable which is one of the reasons I love it so.

No comments: